Skip to main content

Veterans Outreach

澳门正规前十赌城网 is committed to honoring our U.S. Armed Forces student veterans, current service members, veteran dependents and survivors with veteran-focused educational and student support services.


Before being admitted to Mississippi College, students should speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their military service.  

Students who plan to receive veterans benefits must satisfy the college's admission requirements BEFORE being certified to the Veterans Administration Regional Office. In addition, ALL transcripts from schools previously attended must be furnished in order to comply with the regulations of the Department of Veterans Benefits. Consult our Undergraduate and Graduate Catalog for a complete description of Admission Requirements.

In the event that an active service member of the uniformed services attending Mississippi College is unable to attend for reasons related to military service, the servicemember may readmit with the same "academic status" as the student had when he or she last attended or was accepted to Mississippi College. Notify the Office of the Registrar of your military service leave, as well as your intention to return.


All students and veteran benefits recipients are required to meet with their assigned advisor to plan their course of study prior to the beginning of each enrollment period to ensure students are enrolled in courses leading to completion of the designated program or degree whereas the Department of Veterans Affairs does not authorize payments for courses not applying to your declared program. The Department of Veterans Affairs does not authorize payments for repeated coursework unless the course was failed and is required for your program. Refer to your GI Bill Chapter for specific details on change of enrollment status, withdrawal policy, and other grades that doesn’t count “commonly referred to as non-punitive” toward graduation.  Common examples are an “I” grade for an incomplete or a “W” grade for withdrawing.    

Change of Program (Major) or Place of Training (School)

Students receiving veterans benefits must have a program or major declared and on file with our Veterans Affairs office to continue receiving benefits.  Students must also be enrolled in courses leading to completion of the designated program or degree.  To change from one school or training program to another, individuals receiving benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill, MGIB-AD, MGIB-SR, VEAP, or REAP will need to submit a VA Form 22-1995 "Request For Change of Program or Place of Training" to the Regional Processing Office serving your state.

Individuals receiving benefits under the Dependents Educational Assistance Program, Chapter 35, will need to submit VA Form 22-5495.

Both forms can be submitted online or in paper copy

Tutorial Assistance

Mississippi College provides a variety of free services in order to help its students succeed. Students are encouraged to take advantage of any of these services. The Department of Veterans Affairs can provide a special allowance for individual tutoring if you train in school at one-half time or more.  Refer to your GI Bill Chapter for specific details on tutorial assistance and qualifications.  If eligible you must apply with the Department of Veterans Affairs by completing the VA Form 22-1990t.

200 S. Capitol Street, Clinton, MS 39056